We truly believe that 'Life is better with horses' - sounds daft to some? Maybe a little, but it’s true! Horses are such an awesome part of our lives, they’re good for you, they help you stay fit and active and they make you happy. Feeling blue? Get out there, take a ride or just hang out with these majestic creatures! After all it was the great Theodore Roosevelt that said:
“The horse is perhaps the most perfect combination of power and beauty to be found in the animal world.”
Maybe it’s time to reevaluate some of the experiences we’ve had as an equestrian. Maybe it’s time to start adding some new things to our bucket lists, and planning out what we can do to make sure they happen.
The possibilities, after all, are endless—and there are oppurtunites to ride all over the world!
This got us thinking about all the things we could do with horses that we never have time for. As a result we came up with our Top 5 BUCKET list ideas.
1. Riding under the Stars - When you are out in the wilderness, it is so quiet that you can hear your own heartbeat and are able to look at the Milky Way in all of its glory; it really does fill your whole field of vision.
2. Riding a round up in Wyoming or Montana - Booking a horseback riding trip or trail ride can be a great way to check off several items on your list—and take in some scenery along the way. The amazing outdoor opportunities provided by Montana should not be missed by any fan of horses.
3. Swim with your horse, or perhaps a more experienced horse that is used to the sea - you wouldn't want to lose him and for one thing the UK seas are a bit darned cold! One to save for the tropics?
4. Ride in the Snow. One of my personal favourites especially if you get the chance on Christmas Day.
5. Trail ride through the mountains. I suppose the Brecon Beacons would do at a push, although it always seems to rain, but perhaps the Rocky Mountains or Patagonia would be preferable.
However, the best horseback riding experiences are ones that make you say 'I can't believe I did that' or 'I'll never forget this day' ________. It might be as simple as going to the local McDonalds drive through but done with your horse it will be a memorable adventure.
The list above is by no means an exhaustive one, but hopefully we’ve inspired you to create your own list of riding adventures to enjoy. With a little imagination and creativity, the possibilities are virtually endless. So take some time this winter to plan your own equestrian bucket list, then go out and make some memories!
We would love to hear about your bucket lists.
*** The picture above is Cilla and I 'Dancing' at the Simon Cocozza Clinic ***